The Business need
From business launch, IDSL required a flexible software system than would integrate with selected third party management systems and would support an innovative and aggressive business growth model by providing fast and effective real time visibility of order progress from pre-production through to the factory floor. IDSL’s tack and trace requirement included;
- Real time product and order location
- Employee accountability to support both the accreditation and brand promise
- Real time dashboards of production efficiencies, load and pinch points.
The Solution provided
- Implementation of TotalControlPro™ cloud tracking system to provide;
- Real time location of orders and product through procurement, pre-production and factory stages.
- Shop floor data capture of job times and employee activity.
- Electronic audit trail for accreditation and product promise accountability.
- Full integration with Accounting, Payroll, CRM and product design systems.
- Full utilization using plug and play hardware.
The Impact and Results
- Full visibility and control of each business process and production centre.
- WIP monitoring to highlight pinch points in all areas of the workflow.
- Auto data capture to support reporting and ISO accreditation.
- Removal of emotion and uncertainty from the production environment.
- Seamless system expansion into second facility to support expansion.
- Availability of track and trace data to client base.
- Minimal demand on IT infrastructure and resources.